Saturday, October 1, 2011

MEET OUR GUEST DESIGNER JENI O’CONNOR!

We are so thrilled to have the talented Jeni O’Connor join us as Guest Designer for our October monthly kit, reveal day is on October 7th. We are sure you will agree her work is so whimsical and truly inspiring!



Hi I'm Jeni. I'm thrilled to be asked to be the Scrap That! guest for October.


I'm an Aussie with a Canadian dh, so we get to spend time in two beautiful countries. We have twins, a boy and girl who are growing up way too fast for me and my camera, and a dog Buddy. We currently live in dh's home town in beautiful BC.


I've been a scrapbooker for as long as I can remember. Even as a child I would take photos and write stories about them. I was inspired by my grandmother's love of crafts and scrapbooking brings it all together. Over the years my style has changed due to so many influences and fabulous products available.


Today, I have two distinctly different styles Storybook/whimsical style usually in 3d, where I love to extend the photo and create a scene. I also like to create in a Shabby/arty/, sometimes messy kind of style.


I been lucky to have had many opportunities in scrapbooking. For the past 5 yrs I've been a design team member on the Colour Team for Scrapbook Creations magazine. I've authored regular features and three year long series of published articles, "What's Your Style?"and "Scrapping with the Stars" (astrology and scrapping). More recently, "Reality Bites" (scrapping about real life issues).


I was also a tutor for a number of years at the Australian Scrapbooking Convention.


I'm a Midwife and Teacher by professions when I'm not scrapping.


I'd like to say I'm a domestic engineer, but I'm not really all that domesticated...I'd rather be scrapping!


I currently design for: Manor House Creations, Once Upon A Sketch, and Scrapbook Creations Magazine.


I'm so pleased to have the opportunity to share my creations with you. Please drop in and say "Hi." http://jocmomentsoftime.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Jen, it's so good to see you here:) I'm sure you'll do such gorgeous work with this kit and can't wait to see it:) Big congrats on your GDT spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY Jen! Your work is AMAZING and I just can't wait to see what you create with the beautiful Scrap That! kits!

    ReplyDelete