Thursday, August 2, 2012

Sandi C's August Kit Creations

Welcome to the Scrap That! Blog!

Are you ready to see what I created using the August Scrap That! Once Upon a Dream?!

"Friends" (LO using MK, EAO, FAO and personal stash)

This kit was such a pleasure to  work with and was so versatile! Loved the KaiserCraft Charlotte's Dream paper collection. 

For my first project, I've used a photo of my dgd with one of her horses. I chose the large Die Cut paper along with the brown print paper (Illusion) and added a Dusty Attic grass border (from my stash) as well as a Dusty Attic chicken wire piece behind my photo. Lots of gesso, Glimmer Mist and Glimmer Glam made them come to life. I hope you got in on Scrap That!'s last Dusty Attic order because the chippys are such a nice element to add to your pages. I've also used my fav Donna Salazar Twig stamp to enhance my "grassy" area, then made a few flowers with my Spellbinders Rose Creations die to go along with a few from the kit. There is some wet distressing which I will have a tutorial on tomorrow.  Note that the wooden butterfly is from the EAO and the light green flowers and the brown Glimmer Misted flowers are from FAO. I also did some more of my random punch work along a few sides as well as some machine stitching. 


"Danny Boy" (LO using MK only and personal stash)

Here is my sweet little Danny Boy, named after my husband. He and his twin brother are about 17 months old now and have so enriched this granny's life. 

I've been inspired by all the drippy paint artists that I've seen lately, so it is hard to credit just one person. But I've been dying to get a little more bold with it as I have done here. Perfect for this rowdy little guy! Otherwise I've added lots of soft elements to the page to go along with my sweet grandson's soft blonde hair and skin. Since he is still a baby, I thought I could get away with it! LOL There is more Dusty Attic from my stash here (French Flourish and the baroque circle) along with florals from the main kit as well as Manor House flowers from my own stash. The tulle, lace and little Prima bird nest are also from the main kit. This page serves as my Main Kit only layout, adding only Dusty Attic, paper doilies and Manor House blooms (peach) from my own stash. 


"Other Things" (LO using MK, EAO, FAO and personal stash)

I was itching to do a round layout this time! I am always  inspired by Helena Johansson's work and she does lots of beautiful round pages. I split the large Zva flower (FAO) in half to use on either side of the photo after painting it to match my paper. You will also note the lovely crochet doilies from the EAO that I've used as flowers. I sneaked in another Dusty Attic piece from my stash (Scroll Border #2) and adorned it with the blue decorative stone from the MK after sponging some paint over my piece. It is finished with lots of Gesso to give it a whitewashed look. The die cut paper behind my layout is a very old paper from my stash made by Creative Imaginations but it is not attached to the page.



"Bobby" (LO using MK, EAO and FAO)

Here is  the other twin grandson, Bobby. He is the cuddle-bug! Again, I've gone flower crazy but Grandpa says it's okay  .. he is a baby after all. The tulle and cheesecloth worked great on this page. I was overjoyed to see them in our kit this time! Here I've added the Petaloo Chipboard Frame (EAO) behind my photo, then topped it with cheesecloth and flowers. The yummy green flowers are from FAO and white and peach (originally white) are from the main kit. 

That's about it from me today. 

Thanks for coming by! 

7 comments:

  1. These are soooo gorgeous!! Thanks for the inspiration!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. so totally gorgeous..... every single one of them!!!!! YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layouts!!!! I love all of them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally gorgeous creations Sandi! Think my fave has to be the first one I just love your design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandi, these are such gorgeous pages and thanks so much for the tutorial!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete