Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Featured Projects by Tracey S.

Hi, its Tracey S. here to share my projects created with the ScrapThat! "From Sunrise to Sunset" June Kit. This kit is packed with gorgeous scrapbooking goodness!! 

My first layout uses the Main Kit only and is based on Amy's gorgeous June Sketch.

"Bree"
MK Only

Close-Ups

I used Grand Peony, Bitty Blossoms, and Tattered floral dies to create these hand crafted flowers from kit cardstock and patterned paper. The Prima canvas flower was inked to coordinate. I simply adore the black mesh in the kit ~ so shabby chic when painted white then scratched to distress. I pulled apart some of the gems from the Sunrise Sunset gem sheet to scatter across the page.

More of my Bitty Blossoms flowers and a bejeweled flower trinket from my stash.

This butterfly is created using kit paper die cut with Wonderful Wings dies, then inked and brushed with stickles. The body was created with gems pulled from the Sunrise Sunset gem sheet:


Amy's June Sketch:
Challenge details can be found here.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Photo booths are all the rage these days. This fun and whimsical photo of our daughter, Maria and her younger cousin was taken at our Elizabeth's wedding reception. The colors of Prima's Sunrise Sunset are so vibrant and fun. I had fun stenciling, and misting and creating a fun and funky flower from the chevron vellum included in the kit.

"Cousins"
MK, EAO, FAO

Close-ups

I used one of the fabulous Prima Zipper flowers and paired it with hand crafted flowers and colored some of the kit flowers with mists. The white flower is from a previous ScrapThat! Kit. I added a chipboard piece to anchor the title created from the kit alphabet set and used more of the fabulous grunged up kit mesh.

I used the chevron vellum cut with Tattered Florals dies to create this fun flower. I added a gem and snippet of eyelash yarn from my stash to finish it up. 

I used this Prima Sunrise Sunset stencil from my stash with molding page and mist to created the mixed media background and a lovely butterfly left from my May Anniversary Kit. 

This layout is the inspiration for my "Summer Stenciling" DT Challenge for June. Details can be found here.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

My parent's home is a summer gathering place for our family. Abby is showing off her messy hands resulting from an afternoon of fishing. I pulled in the blues from the lake to accent this page. 

"Abby"
MK, EAO, FAO

Close-ups

I used the main kit carnation and tissue flower which I lightly inked, another of the fabulous FAO Prima zipper flowers, and more FAO Petaloo flowers that I changed up with paint and glimmer mist. I also added some flowers handcrafted from kit cardstock and a couple twine flowers. The Maya Road butterflies were also altered with alcohol inks. The chipboard leaves are from my stash.

A close-up for more detail:

A close-up of my corner cluster. I just love the flat gems included in the kit and used them for flower centers and for extra bling in my cluster here.

For a touch of sunshine to this page, I inked the kit doilies and cut another from kit paper to layer at the corner of my photo. The kit hinge clip adds at touch of fun too.

The corrugated board from a postal shipping box was painted, then inked and heat embossed with clear embossing powder for a wavy, watery photo mat. I also tucked in a bit of a vintage map from my stash. This fabulous alpha set has several different alphas in a variety of shapes and sizes.

 The ScrapThat! June Kit is available in our store.

Thanks for dropping by to check out my projects!! 

~ Blessings ~

2 comments: