Friday, July 12, 2013

Stitched Background Flowers and Distressed Alphas Tutorials by Natasha our July GD


Hi everyone!  Natasha here with a few tips and techniques that I used on my layout, "Love Your Butterfly Kisses".  First I'd like to show you how I created the stitched background flowers that add dimension and texture to my layout.

Stitched Background Flowers

STEP 1: Use your favorite flower dies or punches to cut flowers from the adhesive-backed cork sheet.


STEP 2: "Distress" the cork flower cut-outs by dabbing white ink onto the top of the flowers and brown ink onto the edges. 
 
STEP 3: Remove the backing from the cork cut-outs and adhere onto your layout.  Poke holes around the edges of the flower.

STEP 4: Stitch the holes using embroidery floss to create a textured border.

Next I would like to share a quick tip on how to distress the awesome cork alphas that come in this month's kit.

Distressed Alphas
  
  
STEP 1: Stick your title letters onto a sheet of paper or a craft sheet.


STEP 2: Gently scrape the top surface of the alphas with an emery board, metal file or similar tool.


STEP 3: Dab white pigment ink onto the distressed alphas.

STEP 4: Spritz with water to allow the white ink to soak into the alphas. Dry with a heat tool and add a little brown ink to the edges.

I hope you find these tips useful!  Thanks for stopping by today!
Much love & hugs,

3 comments:

  1. I always love you wonderful stitching on your layouts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just adore the stitched flowers!! Thanks for sharing your talent with us this month, Natasha!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete